Benefits of Water on the Human Body
by Kevin Strother
The Human body is around 70% water, and therefore water is an essential part of maintaining your health.
Reasons why YOU should drink water:
1. It can help you lose weight. Even something as simple as drinking a cold glass of water every day can help you lose weight, because your body has to use energy to bring the water to the same temperature as your body. It also helps to suppress your appetite. Sometimes people will misinterpret being dehydrated as being hungry and will want to eat more, but drinking water can help to decrease your appetite, and as an added benefit, it doesn't have any calories at all.
2. Drinking water instead of juice and other sugar filled drinks is good for your skin. By drinking water, the body is better able to flush out toxins out of the body, and reduce any build up that might occur in the pores due to an inadequate amount of liquid in the body.
3. For athletes, it can reduce cramps. Cramps can be caused by dehydration, as well as when you sweat when you're working out or playing a sport. When you sweat, you lose salt and water, and that can ruin the electrolyte balance causing swelling in the cells of your muscles, making the cramp last longer. By drinking water and keeping your body hydrated you can prevent cramps.
4. Drinking pure water can help strengthen your immune system. It helps to flush out toxins from the body, as well as keeping the body hydrated which helps to fight infections. During a sickness, if the body is dehydrated, then more strain will be put on the immune system which could result in a longer amount of recovery time.
5. Drinking water regularly can also help prevent headaches. Besides being caused by stress and loud noises, headaches can also be caused by being dehydrated. By drinking water throughout the day, you can help prevent headaches. Drinking water can even help to cure an already existing headache.
In just a short amount of time, this is the list of reasons I have compiled to drink water. There are numerous reasons to regularly drink water: these are just a handful of them. Drinking water will help you keep your health and maintain your PhD lifestyle.